Blog Gigs Facts Music Shop Links
Blog: The Missing Gig
I was doing a bit of SITE ADMIN the other day and noticed on the Gigs Page that our gig at the Cookie the other week didn't have a blog attached to it. This was WEIRD as I'm SURE that I'd written one, but it seems to have disappeared now. How odd.
I hate to have a gap like that, so here's a precis of what happened:
- We had a practice beforehand, and it was GOOD.
- We had to drive through the pedestrianised bit of Leicester to get to The Cookie. It was a bit scary.
- After dropping the gear off, and then setting up the drums, we DIDN'T go for a curry, much to the dismay of many of us, but had a meal in The Orange Tree instead. It was Quite Nice.
- It was very very very hot, especially in the basement.
- The soundman did a long soundcheck, which I stupidly thought was a bit pernickety at the time, but later realised was a Good Thing as the sound was ACE.
- The gig itself was dead good, we had a decent crowd of several chums, and we did THIS:
- Sweet Baboo were ACE and we bought CDs.
- Afterwards we bumped into Leicester Legend Stevie Marmite, who I'd not seen for YEARS. There was much rejoicing!
- Loading up afterwards took ages - I had to carry most of the stuff upstairs while everybody else fetched cars, I bet that doesn't happen to Bruce Springsteen.
- The deal with the venue was that they'd give us 2 quid for every person who came to see us. However, when I went to ask about CA$H the promoter said that, as they hadn't asked who people had come to see, they "couldn't" pay us. This was, to say the least, annoying, especially as I'd just watched him paying out WADS of CA$H to other people.
- And surely that's their fault, not mine? It was VERY VERY ANNOYING, and a bit of a sour note to end a lovely night on. It was only twenty quid after all!
- It rained all the way home which, thankfully, cooled me down a bit!
UPDATE: following the very helpful comments by Mr Dave B (below) I eventually worked out that my service provider must have re-installed an old version of HIBBFACT 2000 - the mighty database that powers this site - without telling me, so that I lost a couple of blog entries. Half an hour's googling and use of SQL Magic and it all seems to be back now, but I thought I'd leave this description here in case anyone wishes to compare and contrast it to the original version.
posted 7/8/2014 by MJ Hibbett
You definitely wrote it Mark, I remember reading the bit about not getting paid. Your "Dur Brain Day" post disappeared too, Google's cache remembers it if you search for "right old dur brain site: http://www.mjhibbett.co.uk". What's going on? Government censorship?! I suggest checking for black helicopters and ensuring that your tinfoil hat is correctly adjusted. :)
posted 7/8/2014 by Dave B
Thank you sir, it looks like the server provider re-installed an old version of the database without me noticing. All fixed now, thanks very much indeed!
posted 7/8/2014 by MJ Hibbett
Thanks Mark, glad to help.
posted 8/8/2014 by Dave B
An Artists Against Success Presentation